background image

Knights of Columbus

Knights of Columbus

Thanks to the efforts of Father Michael J. McGivney, assistant pastor of St. Mary’s Church in New Haven and some of his parishioners, the Connecticut state legislature on March 29, 1882, officially chartered the Knights of Columbus as a fraternal benefit society. The Order is still true to its founding principles of charity, unity and fraternity.

If you are interested in learning more or joining our local Knights of Columbus chapter please contact one of our council members below.

The local Ron Conro Knights includes members of three local churches--St. John the Evangelist, Holy Trinity and Church of St. Mary.  It does many outreach programs for Seminarians, the Religious Education Programs of St. John the Evangelist, Holy Trinity of Scales Mound, and Church of St. Mary, Elizabeth as well as many other worth while services.  The fundraisers include Christmas Cards and a dinner on Palm Sunday each year.  They also have a tootsie roll drive and do a "Baby items" drive.